Weather in Phuket in DecemberDecember is the month in Phuket when the south-west monsoons are bidding adieu and the clear skies with hopeful rays of sunshine are taking their place, yet a chilly breeze brush through the skin. Being a tropical destination, Phuket experiences a mild temperature throughout the year. December happens to be one of the best months to visit owing to the pleasing and comfortable climate hovering in Phuket.
- On average, the temperature during this month is around 28 degrees Celsius. The highest temperature that is usually recorded in Phuket in December is 32 degrees Celsius with the lowest temperature being 24 degrees Celsius.
- December is perfect as the humidity during this month is at an all-time low, thus acting as the peak season for Thailand.
- One might experience the last showers of the season during the first week of the month. Average rainfall in December sits at around 60 mm with the sun shining throughout the day for a little over 8 hours every day.
Places to visit in Phuket in DecemberSince the weather during this month is at its utmost, it is best to spend your days outdoors, embracing what mother nature and the town has to offer. December seems like a perfect time to pay a visit to the beaches, open-air markets, Bays, and viewpoints!
Old Phuket Town
Phang Nga Bay
Nothing less than the heartbeat of Phuket, Patong Beach is one of the busiest spots that one can visit. This beach is one of the most happening and vibrant destinations that covers the floors of Phuket, without any shadow of a doubt. The beach offers a myriad of cute shacks, cafes, and the bars that serve some of the most delectable house cocktails one has ever taken a sip of. From giving one a chance to sunbathe, relax, and simply enjoy their leisure vacation to offering thrilling experiences with various adventure sports, this beach has something for everyone. The clear blue skies that match its waters of this golden sand hemispherical beach are definitely awe-inspiring.
Phuket Best Sellers
Another one of the destinations to not miss out on is the lively old Phuket town. This town is famed for housing centuries-old structures that happen to be the finest examples of the traditional architecture of the town. You can observe the classic juxtaposition of the urban lifestyles and the ancient streets in the Old Phuket Town. Taking you to an era of the colonial period with its old-world charm, the Phuket town has plenty to offer. Vibrant and colorful walls, cute little cafes, bustling bakeries, and the narrow streets make a trip to the town worthwhile. From temples to museums, there is an array of tourist attractions just waiting to be explored here.
Phuket is a destination that is not only famed for the most attractive beaches but also the surrounding Andaman Sea. This viewpoint in Phuket gives one a chance to witness all at a glance. A paradise on earth for many, Karon Viewpoint can help you observe the awe-inspiring views of the three stunning beaches that include Kata Noi, Karon Beach, and the Kata Yai. Also named as the Khao Saam Haad, this viewpoint will always be seen bustling with the clamor of tourists. There are also some tiny eateries that serve bite-sized snacks.
Giving one a chance to get closer to mother nature, Phang Nga Bay is truly a treat for not only the eyes, but also the soul. Undoubtedly one of the most stunning places to visit in Phuket, this Bay blankets around 40 tiny little islands popping out of the sea and covered in the lush greens. But what makes this destination seem right out of a fairytale are the mysterious caves, lagoons, and the beautiful mangroves that surround the Phang Nga Bay. December is actually one of the best times to pay a visit to Phang Nga Bay as with the monsoon not long gone, water is much clearer than ever and the greens are at their happiest in this spot.
Things to do in Phuket in DecemberSince December is one of the best months to visit the town, there are plenty of things that one can be a part of.
Indulge in water sports
Try Jungle Safari
Take a boat tour
December is the month when water sports get open to the public yet again, by virtue of sunshine taking over rainfall. Phuket being home to clear and refreshing water gives ample reasons for one to engage in some of the many water sports that the town has to offer. The top spots where one can enjoy thrilling experiences are majorly located in the western and the southeastern coast of Phuket. Surfing, kitesurfing, snorkeling, scuba diving, windsurfing, kayaking, and parasailing are some of the popular choices of watersports here in Phuket.
If your idea of a vacation is spending time with the wild, why not try out Jungle Safari when in Phuket? A perfect outdoor day out, Phuket offers plenty of parks and reserves to enjoy a jungle safari with the best ones being Khao Sok National Park and Khao Lak Park. When in either of these parks, you can easily witness an extensive variety of beautiful flora and fauna. There are various other activities that the jungles of Phuket have hidden in their laps such as trekking, bamboo rafting, waterfall trekking, and a lot more of similar action-packed experiences.
When in Phuket in December, consider taking a tour along the azure waters on a boat. The limestone formations popping out of nowhere in the middle of the sea, the surrounding lush greens, and the calmness that one can feel in the atmosphere are worth every penny spent on the boat tour. James Bond Island, Phang Nga Bay, Phi Phi Islands, and the Koh Panyee are some of the top spots that are worth a visit. Just make sure to spend the tour in such a way that you are done with sightseeing when the sun is still out.
What to Pack and Carry
December is the month when the sun shines right above the head but the cool breeze still brushes against the skin. Also, if you are traveling in the first week, you might experience a little downpour. Here is a list of all the essentials and clothing items that you should pack for your vacation to Phuket in December.
1. Although the chances of rainfall are quite low, but it is still advised that you carry an umbrella with you so that the showers do not act as any sort of hindrance for you.
2. Phuket is a tropical destination and like for any other tropics, it is always better to have sunscreen in the bag.
3. Make sure you pack along insect and mosquito repellent to keep the bugs off during the sunset.
Clothing and Accessories
1. Carry comfortable footwear like walking shoes for long walks and treks, and for the beaches, it is better to have a pair of flipflops.
2. Swimwear and beachwear is a must for Phuket in December as with the pleasant weather, the amount of time that one spends on a beach is simply longer.
3. Hats and sunglasses to avoid sharp and bright sunshine.If you are a summer lover and just can’t stand the idea of chilly winds that December brings along, you can certainly consider a tropical escape. For this, what is better than the most popular beach destination? Phuket has plenty to offer for anyone and everyone. The pleasant weather and the cherishable experiences simply add to an already extraordinary experience in this town!